Classroom blogs are a great way to promote critical thinking and practice writing and communication skills. Classroom blogs give a space for students to chat and engage with school, away from school. Classroom blogs improve communication, engagement and reflection for students. Additionally, it helps remove the barrier between school and home (parents and teachers).
Teachers can benefit from a blog for the following reasons:
- A classroom blog helps share what is happening inside your class. Blogging can help us receive suggestions and/or reinforcements from other professionals.
- A good tool for reflection on lessons- whether they went well or poorly.
- Including students in the process to respond or comment on posts can help show a higher level of thinking and immerse them into technology.
- You can give inspiration to other teachers, as well as scan other blogs for inspiration.
- Can help parents stay involved in their children’s learning journeys.
How do students benefit?:
- Students receive the opportunity to discuss classroom topics outside of classroom time
- Student’s will receive a sense of pride from their school work, they will be excited to share the blog with parents, increasing parental involvement.
- Students will have a log of activities and resources readily available to them.
Classroom blogging is a great tool that aids students, teachers and families connect with their education.